Monday, February 16, 2009

A place we really didn't need to explore

Trinks came down with strep at the end of January. It's not uncommon for her to get strep, but what was unusual is that she didn't respond to Motrin or antibiotics right away. Then she complained about neck and back pain. Of course it was after office hours at her doctor's office. When the on call dr called back, we were told to take Trinks to Christiana Hospital. I'm not a huge fan of hospitals in general, but my previous two experiences with Christiana ER were pretty bad.

But I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't have to walk through a cloud of smoke to get my child inside. Christiana is a smoke free campus. When S was in respiratory distress, I had to walk through a wall of smoke. This is a wonderful change. Trinks was taken directly to the back, thus bypassing the waiting room. I have no particular issue with the specific waiting room, but waiting always makes the experience bad. Of course by the time we were placed in the back, Trinks started to recover, thus negating any possibility of meningitis. I have never been so relieved in my life. It was nice to have a pleasant experience with the ER to somewhat washout our previous disasters.

So, cross ER trip off our list for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment